Sunday, November 11, 2012

Buses, Trams, and No Automobiles.

I'm back! The weekend went well although Sleep still not going so well.  I will defeat you evil jet lag!! Saturday I skipped service due to the fact that I didn't fall asleep till 4am. I took the day to go to market and do some grocery shopping. I also went to the Tallaght mall. It was once the largest shopping mall in Europe.... So they say. I can't believe that after going... but Tallaght really doesn't have much to claim besides that. The mall was disappointing and very expensive. I walked everywhere looking for affordable guys stores to shop in and I couldn't really find any, to my surprise I found an H&M.... I was more surprised to find out that they didnt have a men's department. That night I took my first trip to the city center of Dublin. I met friends at Cafe En Sein from Spain, Portugal, France, and Venezuela. We had a few beers and danced. Today was meeting at 10:30 (such a strange meeting time) We then worked rural territory from 1:00-3:30. It reminded me A bit of country territory in Lexington. The people were a bit more willing to talk in the rural territory. Tonight I went to back to Dublin to meet up with the guys from Spain for a beer and a traditional Irish dancing show. I promise pictures will come soon. I haven't been to the city during the day and the places we have been witnessing aren't quite the greates for photos. 

    Things I learned this weekend
- always bring a spare pair of walking shoes to the meeting. ALWAYS.
- street signs in Dublin city center are practically non exsistant.
- public transportation is overrated and looses its novelty after an hour on a crowded bus.
- don't ask a girl her age even if she appears to be the same age as you, and you are certain she is...she        wont tell you.
- there are many muscles in my legs I didn't know I had.
- Irish people are not meant to dance to American music. 
- taxis are evil expensive temptations that flaunt their wheels and warm seats while you walk.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! sounds like you are having quite an adventure. Can't wait to see picture! How is the food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent really eaten out at all yet. I've been cooking and the couple I live with have also been cooking. We all pack lunches for service too. Meals are quite expensive here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome Brandon! It sounds like you are having a great time, how did you meet all these people! I want details! You have to take pictures of the good, bad, and not so pretty! I want to see it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! this is amazing! lol. i am still amazed that your in another country! My favorite part of this blog was the "Things I Learned this Weekend" :)

    ReplyDelete