Monday, November 12, 2012

Step Over Into Tallaght.

I wasn't planning on writing anything today although I felt impelled because I had a great day in service. I went out with the friends from the Tallaght (Tala) congregation which is the territory I live in. I have been going to meetings and in the min with Peter and Summer in Dun Laogair. (Dun-leree) About a 30 minute drive or an awful 1 hour bus ride away from where I live. Today the friends informed me I should never ride on the second level of the bus....apparently bad things happen up there...they left it at that. After going in the min with the local friends Ive decided to go to the Tallaght congregation during my stay. The friends are a "gas"as they would say. Meaning fun or funny. I immediately fit in. They are all as crazy as me. It's perfect! The territory is quite poor but the people are so receptive. We had great response today, some of the friends even had a few little door step studies. It will work well because there are local friends that can swing by to get me for service and the meeting which will be a lot safer then walking or taking a bus. We even went to the international break place...McDonald's. The McDonalds are quite classy here. I'm taking the day off tomorrow and may try to do a bit of site seeing if the weather allows. I have plans for service Wednesday through Friday with a few different halls so that should be really fun. I have yet to visit Dublin during the day so I hope the weather holds up. I hope to have a few photos to share. Tomorrow.

Oh!!! You may have seen the show "my big fat gypsy wedding" on TLC. There are many gypsies/travelers around this area. They are quite interesting peolple and you know a traveler girl when you see one! 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Brandon I love reading your posts everyday you actually make me laugh what a surprise LOL. Sounds like you are having a great time. We all miss you.

    Love Phil and Donnamarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are hysterical, but very real. We feel like were there:). Keep em' coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool , I've seen that show! How much are those wedding dresses anyway???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure they are way too much Cathy. Oh and the background is not my photo but a photo from blogspot.

    ReplyDelete