Friday, November 9, 2012

I need a bigger pocket!

Hi! I have had a crazy few nights and days so I am just getting around to posting about my first few days in the min. I am learning that Ireland is much different then I expected. The landscape and cities are a lot like England but I would never tell that to the Irish! The people are very different though. The min has been very similar to ours in the states  people are very apathetic about religion and really want nothing to to do with the bible. We did have a few nice calls today. I worked with a little old Irish sister today named Kathleen, I could put her my pocket and take her home with me... Although I'm pretty sure customs wouldn't like that! I specify that she is Irish because there are so many people from other countries here to help and live. (Spain, Germany, England, Switzerland...) Rather than door to door they call it "first call" and return visits are ... You guessed it "second call" (At least I hope you guessed it!) i have much more to say but my eyes are not fully open at the moment...I will write more to tomorrow..I will be in the city to take some photos and I will try my best to share.

1 comment:

  1. Wendolyn and ChadillacNovember 10, 2012 at 8:43 PM

    We are watching you Brandon! How is the jet lag? We missed you at the fire pit out in the back yard tonight. Take care. Wendy and Chad...

    ReplyDelete