Monday, November 19, 2012

"It's the cheesiest."

Two weeks down. Two weeks to go. I feel as if my journey to France and Italy will almost be a vacation from a vacation. I leave for London on the December 3rd to see some friends before I head to Paris. I find that everyone has such strong opinions about European cities..."that city is rubbish" " "that city is expensive and dirty." Then of course you have the friends from Spain trying to sell Barcelona and Madrid. I will just have to come back. The party Saturday was great. The Tallaght congregation knows how to get down! A young brother named Ben put together such an amazing and sweet video for the sister who was moving away. I almost want to move here just so I can move away and get a going away video from Ben. I was summoned front and center for a dance off with a brother named Trevor. He didn't put up much of a fight..I think he was bit out of sorts that night so I don't think he gave it his all. Although he may have just felt there was no other option but to  surrender after I did/attempted the worm. The weather was very typically Irish yesterday so we didn't do much. Michelle, Philip, and I had a movie night and it was perfect. Today after service we picked up a few things from the grocery store and I received some very unfortunate news. There is no macaroni and cheese here. None. Michelle barely even knew what I was talking about when I asked her. I thought of the poor deprived Irish children who have never had Mac and Cheese, but mostly I thought about how I wouldn't be able to have it with my chicken this week. Needless to say I was very distraught in the boxed food section at Tesco. Tomorrow I hope to get to Dublin to do a bit of site seeing.... I still have not been. I hear there are some amazing vintage and used clothes stores that I should check out.

Important numbers to remember.

Three- the number of cereal boxes I have gone through since arriving.

Seven- the number of days it took me to defeat the evil jet lag.

Two- the number of plastic bags full of candy I ate that were meant for the Irish children.

Forty- the number of minutes it takes me to get to city center on the Luas.

Eight- the number of Rich Tea biscuits I ate after lunch on Friday. (they are my favorite)

Four- the number of travel size packages of Kleenex I have used so far in service.

3 comments:

  1. You know what Brandon it does't matter what county you go to you will love it regarless, why? because you are in ummm Europe. What an amazing trip you are having certainly a trip that you will remember for the rest of your life. Be safe and enjoy the rest of your journey.


    Love Phil and Donnamarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Brendan" your blog is hillarity! I'm quite entertained! Sounds like you are having the greatest time, I wish I could be there! One day it will happen! Inspired much, keep the stories coming :-)--Sha C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deprived of mac n cheese - The irony! I would love to see a video of your dance off at the party.

    Stay safe in the "dirty" cities!

    Dorette :-)

    ReplyDelete