Tuesday, November 13, 2012

"Nice to meet you Brendan"

It seems that everyday in Ireland could be a lazy watch Netflix kind of day. Today was that day. I was very unproductive and it was grand. Everyone says grand. If  you ask someone how they are..."grand" if you ask someone how their food was "grand" if you ask someone how their lazy day watching Netflix was "grand." So needless to say I did not go to city center today. I thought about it for a whole ten seconds and decided not to. I love the Tallaght congregation. It was my first meeting with them and it was GRAND!  They were all so friendly and so happy that I'm here to help them. There are about 20 kids under the age of 15. And I think most of them came up to me after meeting. I think they were all a bit excited after they heard my comments. My accent is a novelty to the younger ones. I got invited to the movies tomorrow and to a party Saturday that the hall is having. There will be dancing..so you know Brandon will be there. I just referred to myself in the third person because I feel as though I am becoming Brendan, I need to remember who I am! Brendan is an Irish name so of course that is what EVERYONE  calls me. There is also a polish congregation meeting in Tallaght.
(shout out to the Buress girls) Tomorrow I am actually going to work with Anya Pifer's sister and her husband Philip. They live right in Dublin so that will be fun!

Things I have broken since I have been here..
- hanger
- shower
- door knob
- door hinge
-

6 comments:

  1. Does that mean I have to stop calling you Jerry!??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm Polish, in Ireland:). sounds "grand".

    ....how does one break a shower,lol?

    Rebekah and Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brendan... so you're racking up a bill huh? Sounds grand! LOL! Have fun tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The congregation sounds grand. :P

    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss u tons! Wish we were there. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess your fixing skills will soon match your dancing skills

    ReplyDelete